Vice-Chancellor’s Conference Fund
The Vice Chancellor’s Conference Fund provides financial support for graduate research students to participate in academic conferences. Funding of up to $1500 is available for conference attendance in Australia and New Zealand and up to $3000 for international conference attendance. In some cases, visits to research groups or centres may also be supported.
To be considered for funding, you must:
- be accepted by the conference organisers for the type of presentation as declared on the application*
- be applying to participate in a conference for which submissions are peer reviewed
- have applied to a conference within the respective round period
- have completed the required UTS Research Integrity Modules
- be within your Funded EFTSU Consumed (FEC) date i.e. 4 years full-time equivalent for Doctoral and 2 years full-time equivalent for research masters at the time of conference
- be formally enrolled at the time of conference and NOT on leave of absence or under examination
- have submitted all required review of progress reports to date and not have received an "Unsatisfactory" result
- not have previously received Vice-Chancellor's Graduate Research Student Conference Fund support (only one application may be funded during your candidature)
- not be a member of academic staff (full-time and fractional) at an institution that has access to conference travel funding
- not be in receipt of a scholarship that provides research allowance for conference travel
- not be fully reimbursed by your employer, sponsor or UTS Faculty/Institute/Centre for attending the conference.
If you receive funding through this award, you will be required to submit a report on your experience within two months of the conference closing date.
* If your conference involvement has not been confirmed, you can still apply for funding. However, funds will only be issued to successful applicants once you have provided confirmation of your conference involvement to the Graduate Research School.
Vice-Chancellor’s Conference Fund application deadlines
Due to the evolving advice in relation to COVID-19 regarding travel restrictions, the Vice Chancellor’s Conference Fund will be temporarily suspended until we have a further understanding of the global situations. Students will be informed by email upon the re-opening of this round.
|Round 1||Round 2|
|For Conferences held in||January to June 2020||July to December 2020|
|Applications due to GRS||30 October 2019||31 March 2020|
|Outcome||November 2019||April 2020|
|Reporting due||2 months after conference|
For more information, please refer to:
Thesis Completion Equity Grant
If you’re experiencing financial hardships, UTS’s GRS Thesis Completion Equity Grants can provide up to $5,000 funding to help you complete your thesis. To be considered for these grants, you will need to be:
- a domestic student
- in the last six months of your thesis
- able to demonstrate financial hardship
There are two rounds of funding each year:
|Round||Closing date||Thesis submission dates|
|1||29 March 2020||Thesis submission between May - October|
|2||30 September 2020||Thesis submission between November - April (the following year)|
How to apply for Thesis completion equity grants
- Read the GRS Thesis Completion Equity Grant Guidelines for eligibility
- Complete the Thesis Completion Equity Grant application form
- Submit your application form and documentary evidence to the research scholarships team.
All applications will be assessed by a selection panel using a point-based system. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email. Please refer to the Selection Committee Terms of Reference for more information.