You must meet the following entry requirements for all non-degree programs at UTS.
- You must have completed one full year or more of study at a recognised institution at the time of application.
- If you have not completed one full year at a recognised institution you can still apply if you meet the university matriculation requirements.
- A ‘credit’ or ‘good’ average or a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 point scale, or average grade of ‘C’ or better on the European ECTS grading scale.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you are graded under a different system.
- An English language proficiency level in accordance with the UTS English language requirements, if English is not your first language. You are required to submit results from an English language test or program to satisfy the UTS English language proficiency requirement for the course you are applying. English language proficiency test scores are recognised by UTS provided they were obtained less than two years prior to application at UTS.
- If you do not meet the English language requirements for Study Abroad or Exchange, you may apply for our Australian Language and Culture Studies Program, which requires an English language proficiency level of IELTS 5.0 and above or equivalent.
- Students from Austria, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland are also eligible to apply to UTS with a UTS English Language Proficiency Assessment (PDF, 166kB).
- If you come from Austria, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland, a mark of 75% or better in final High School English is considered equivalent.
Additional entry requirements
- Exchange students must be nominated by their home institution. The home institution must be a current Exchange partner with UTS.
- Visiting Research Students must determine the most relevant field of research to undertake at UTS with their home university supervisor. They must then identify a suitable member of the academic staff at UTS to supervise their research in Australia. If you need assistance with this process, contact the Study Abroad and Exchange team.