Talking about the world is one thing, but the best way to learn is to get amongst it.
The School of International Studies offers a wealth of options to give your degree a real international edge. These options, which can be integrated into your chosen degree, will enhance your understanding of the languages, culture and contexts of the wider world.
International Intensive Electives
Would you like to complete one of your electives overseas? Our International Intensive Electives give a three-four week global experience program in another country. You can apply once you’ve successfully completed at least 24 credit points of undergraduate study in your degree.
- International Internship — 97901 (6cp) or 97900 (8cp)
- In-country Contemporary Society Study — 977917 (6cp) or 977912 (8cp)
- In-country Language and Culture Study — 977918 (6cp) or 977913 (8cp)
Some grants are available to help fund your travel costs.
The Beyond UTS International Leadership Development (BUILD) program is open to all UTS students. The program provides opportunities for you to develop leadership potential and take part in a range of local and international activities.
Sub-majors, electives and non-award study
No matter what you’re studying at UTS, you can add language and culture electives or sub-majors to your degree (Faculty approval required).
Create a sub-major with one of the following combinations:
- three contemporary society subjects from an International Studies sub-major (SMJ09034)
- a contemporary society subject and two relevant consecutive language and culture subjects known as Specialist Country Studies Sub-major (SMJ09036)
- three consecutive language and culture subjects known as Language Other Than English (LOTE) Studies Sub-major (SMJ09035)
Language and culture subjects and contemporary society subjects may also be taken as non-award studies.
How to apply
For information on how to apply and enrol go to the BUILD page and read the brochure on International Intensive Electives.
For further enquiries about applying and travel grants, please contact the UTS International’s BUiLD team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about enrolment in the elective subject, please contact School of International Studies: email@example.com