What is advanced nursing practice?
Nurses practising at an advanced level may be working within a generalist or specialist context and incorporate professional leadership, education and research into their clinically based practice.
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) recognises that advanced nursing practice is a level of practice and not a role and therefore is separate to Advanced Practice Nursing as it relates to the Nurse Practitioner role in the Australian context.
Why study advanced nursing?
Undertaking postgraduate study in advanced nursing is about taking that next step towards enhancing care provision, better patient outcomes and the leadership of specialist nursing roles you have always wanted to pursue. You will gain the skills to work as an advanced clinician, manager or educator and be ready to take on the challenges and complexities of leadership roles in nursing and nursing specialties.
- Master of Advanced Nursing (blend of online and on-campus) - Commonwealth Supported Places now available, see fees and costs.
- Master of Advanced Nursing (online only)
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing (blend of online and on-campus) including the following streams:
- Work in Anaesthetics and PACU with a Graduate Certificate of Advanced Nursing in Anaesthetics and Post Anaesthetic Care Unit
- Work as a perioperative clinician with a Graduate Certificate of Advanced Nursing in Perioperative
- Work in a critical care setting with a Graduate Certificate of Advanced Nursing in Critical Care
- Tailor to your interests and aspirations with a Graduate Certificate of Advance Nursing (No specialty)
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Nursing (online only)
Why choose UTS?
Put your learnings into practise immediately
UTS works with partners and key stakeholders including CNCs, NUMs, Directors of Nursing and consumers to shape and deliver relevant content to prepare you to work and thrive within complex and ever changing work environments.
Be taught by recognised experts
Learn from internationally recognised nursing experts and researchers who continue to improve practice and inform policy globally. UTS is ranked 10th in the world and #1 in Australia for Nursing and Midwifery*, based on our academic expertise, employability of graduates, and research impact. The Australian Research Council also benchmarked UTS Nursing ‘well above world standard’ (ERA ranking 5).
Work. Study. Life.
Your time matters, and our flexible approach to education will help you make the most of it. Our learning model integrates the best mix of online and intensive face-to-face study days with master classes in state-of-the-art teaching labs, giving you more control over when and where you study and ensuring your valuable time is well spent. Our proximity to Central and public transport also provides for convenient travel between work, class and home.
Mix and match majors, sub-majors and electives to create a program that’s right for you. Get credit for prior learning and Clinical Accreditation Programs that count towards your degree. Our nested courses allow easy progression from a Graduate Certificate to a Graduate Diploma to a Masters.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017-2019