Design matters. That’s because it’s at the heart of contemporary culture and everyday lives, from the way we work through to the smart and sustainable use of technology. We know this. It’s why the UTS School of Design is now the top-ranked in NSW and 29th in the world.
Welcome to world of design practice
Some people might think of design as making pretty objects. Nothing could be further from the truth. Good design strives to meet real societal needs. Good design is about innovation, human-centred approaches and intellectual inquiry. Designers work across disciplines and industries. Design can make a difference to the world’s most vulnerable communities. Design is driven by technology and technology drives design. Design is about making creativity the centre of your career.
Find out how UTS can help you:
- Transform your creativity into a career: make a living from what you love, whether it’s visual design, animation or making apps
- Explore design’s many disciplines: from fashion through to photography and interior architecture
- Make a difference, right here, right now: your work has the potential to change the world around us.
- Be guided by the best: our academic leaders nurture and inspire our students to be the innovators of tomorrow.
- Get hands on with technology and design: design can give you the chance to create award-winning mobile apps, develop complex website and data interfaces or create rapid prototypes on a 3D printer
Already know what you want? Get more information on UTS Design’s courses.