Gain the skills you need to become a leader in the contemporary construction industry.
The Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma in Construction Management emphasise the skills required to succeed as a construction project manager in a rapidly expanding sector. If you’re a high-achieving professional, particularly if you’re working in the built environment sector, these courses can prepare you to take the next step in your career.
Develop cross-faculty expertise
As a Construction Management student, you will study critical construction management concepts including:
- Construction technology, methodology, regulation and management
- Cost planning, including budgeting, estimating, pricing and cost management
- Project planning and management, including the ability to assess and manage risk
- Legislation and ethics as they relate to the construction industry
Graduate diploma students will gain further knowledge in:
- Contracts administration
- Integrated project delivery
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Specialist knowledge in a chosen elective subject
UTS is known for its commitment to hands-on practice, and our Construction Management degrees are no different. All our courses are delivered by leading academics and practitioners, giving you access to relevant, real-world expertise that reflects the realities of today’s construction sector.
Theory and practice
Theoretical learning is integrated with best practice case studies, and the use of digital technologies will give you hands-on experience with real-world estimating, programming and building information modelling (BIM) tools.
What’s more, our course content is built on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology, adapted for use in a construction context, which means that everything you study can be easily applied to a wide range of construction challenges and projects.