Media production facilities
Outdated equipment? Not here. Our custom-built media production facilities have been designed to support your creative practice. Access the latest sound, lighting and film technologies that support:
- video techniques
- video editing
- compositing and animation
- emergent media authoring
- website production
- desktop publishing
- online research
- sound composition
- recording and mixing
- multi platform practice.
Deliver music, audio arts, post-production and sound mixing projects in our uniquely equipped audio engineering facilities. Spaces and equipment include:
- three control rooms equipped with the latest version of Pro Tools and Logic Pro software
- six digital audio Pro Tools workstations in separate suites
- a studio floor and vocal booth for Foley/ADR, voice and acoustic instrument recording
- a lecture theatre equipped with Pro Tools and Logic Pro
- a radio studio equipped with Soundcraft Series 10s Radio Production Console, with a broadcast link to Sydney-wide broadcaster 2SER-FM
- two separate telephone recording booths with broadcast-standard telephone hybrids, suitable for digitally recording telephone interviews.
You can also access a huge range of studio microphones and outboard gear, including AKG, Digidesign PRE, Neumann, POD Pro and Bass Pod Pro, RODE, Sennheiser and Shure.
Plug-ins, virtual instruments and other software include Ableton Live, Apple Logic Pro, Avid ProTools, McDSP Native and HD plugin packages, Native Instruments Komplete, Sonnox Native and HD plugin packages, and Waves Gold.
Bon Marche studio
A shooting stage, performance and media arts production space in one, the Bon Marche Studio is your one-stop-shop for film and other performance work. It includes:
- a 10m x 10m x 10m shooting stage
- high definition playback and projection capabilities
- a 9.1 loudspeaker system that can be configured for stereo quad, eight-channel surround, or film surround formats up to 7.1
- a large green screen cyclorama for compositing work. Includes an infinity curve, extended five-metre flooring, and live keying to editing software
- a Coemar de Sisti lighting rig, which allows for safe and easy lighting setups without having to go up to the ceiling. The 10 lighting hoists come down to floor level for setup
- audio control with a Roland RSS Virtual Mixer and digital snake system, enabling flexible position and audio control for production, playback and performance
- an outback area for set construction, dressing rooms and loading dock access.
Portable equipment store
Produce broadcast quality projects with professional production equipment from our portable store. Gain experience working with the latest production technologies, including HD digital video cameras, professional lighting systems, digital sound recording equipment and 16mm cameras. Borrow specific tools, or talk to our friendly staff who can help you select the right equipment for your needs.