How do I know if I'm suited to Residential Life?
Living in University Residences is not suitable for everybody. From experience, the students who get the most out of living at UTS Residences are those who:
- Are committed to achieving learning success and also prepared to be part of a residential community;
- Enjoy making connections with people from diverse backgrounds, forming new friendships;
- Respect the diversity in the Residential community and understand that rules exist in the community for the benefit of every individual;
What is provided for and what will I need to bring from home?
The apartments are fully furnished but you will be required to bring linen, kitchen equipment and all personal items. Have a look at the residence of your preference and click on the "facilities" link to check out what's included.
What if I have any special needs due to a disability?
It is best to let us know on your application form and we will then discuss your needs with you and allocate you to an appropriate room.
Are there any cleaning arrangements?
Common areas of apartments and studios are cleaned on a periodic basis as a complimentary service.
Once you've checked in, you will receive an email with the cleaning schedule.
Does UTS provide any transport services from the residence to Campus?
A shuttle bus is provided for residents from 6.30pm to 1.30am, Monday to Friday between Market, City campuses and the residences.
Is there parking available?
Yes, there are a limited number of spaces for parking of cars and bikes and there is a cost involved for renting a parking space (please refer to Fees). You will need to indicate on your application form if you require parking.
Can I renew my Licence Agreement?
Yes, current residents may reapply to continue living in UTS Residences prior to the end of their current Licence Agreement. The following are considerations when Residents’ applications are reviewed:
Reasons for wanting to continue living in UTS Residences and involvement in residential community.
- Overall length of stay in UTS Residences. Due to the limited availability of UTS accommodation proportionate to UTS student population, residents are able to continue living in UTS Residences for approximately 2 years.
- History of residency including academic progress, financial payment and disciplinary records.
- Special needs or extenuating circumstances.
Stay connected with UTS Housing
Find out about the latest activities taking place around UTS student residence via our social media channels: