Tutoring and U:PASS
Do you need some extra help? We have various tutoring programs on offer to students who would like some academic support and assistance.
- The HELPS team offers a wealth of resources and workshops, including assistance with English, reading, writing, presenting and assignment advice.
- The Peer Tutoring Program is run by the UTS students Association for UTS students. Peer Tutors are UTS students who have passed a subject at UTS (or a similar subject at another University), with a credit or higher and are willing to help other students.
- Under the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS), Australian indigenous students are able to apply for supplementary subject tuition.
- Under the Transition and Academic Support Program, eligible students can access tutoring at no cost in up to four subjects. If you opt in, you will be matched with an experienced UTS student who has done well in your enrolled subject(s) for up to 10 hours of tutoring per subject.
- Students registered with Accessibility may be eligible for the Education and Careers Support Program Peer Tutoring.
U:PASS is a student learning program designed to assist students who are studying subjects that are perceived as difficult or that historically have a high failure rate. It isn’t tutoring as such, but group style study sessions with subjects that have proven difficult in the past. Sessions are run by high achieving students who have recently completed the subject.