When creating student ID cards the University has a specific set of photo requirements that must be adhered to by students.
For students using CaptureME, the photo that you upload must:
- Be of passport photo quality and standard
- You must submit an original, unaltered photo (Note: a fee will be charged if your ID card needs to be re-issued due to an altered image)
- Be sharp and in focus
- Clear, even lighting (no dark shadows or reflections)
- Have a plain, light or white-coloured wall in the background
- Have eyes open and visible (not obstructed by hair or glasses, no red eye)
- For people who wear glasses, eyes must be seen clearly through glasses (no reflections)
- Show natural skin tones (minimal make up only)
- Show shoulders square-on and face looking straight into the camera (head is not tilted)
- Show a neutral expression with closed mouth (not laughing or frowning)
- No hats, headbands or other head covering (except for religious reasons)
- No posing or signage etc.
If you do not adhere to the above requirements, your student ID card will not be approved.
You can find out more information by visiting our student ID card webpage.
|Side on||Hair obscuring face|
|Head tilted downwards||Head tilted to side|
|Insufficient contrast||Background not plain|
|Background too dark||Head cover obscuring eyes|
|Reflection off glasses||Shadow in the background|
|Glasses obscuring eyes||Mouth open|