UTS has a range of generous scholarships and prizes, and you could be the next recipient.
Industry scholarship applications are currently closed.
Please check the UTS scholarship page for scholarships that are currently accepting applications.
Please check the UTS prizes and awards page for details of prizes available to FEIT students.
The Dean’s List recognises outstanding academic achievement in undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering and Information Technology.
To be eligible for inclusion on the Dean's List, a student must have:
- achieved a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) of 85 for subjects studied in their FEIT course for the previous academic year; and
- gained a minimum of 24 credit points of graded subjects in their FEIT course for the previous academic year; and
- no failed subjects in the previous academic year; and
- no misconduct formal warnings or penalties in the previous or current academic year; and
- no active sanctions in the previous academic year.
The Dean's List is usually collated in April each year. Eligible students are sent a Certificate of Award.
Dean's Merit List
The Dean's Merit List typically comprises the top 10 undergraduate Engineering students and the top 10 undergraduate Information Technology students from the Dean's List, ranked by WAM over the previous academic year.
In the case where there is more than one student with a WAM equal to or very close to the cutoff, the Faculty may place a small number of additional students on the Dean's Merit List.
While the Dean's List typically contains several hundred students, the Dean's Merit List is intended to recognise the outstanding performance of a small number of exceptional students.
A Certificate of Award and Letter of Commendation is presented at the Faculty's annual prize-giving event.
John Heine Memorial Foundation Scholarship in Entrepreneurial Engineering
The scholarship has been established to foster the entrepreneurial skills of UTS engineering students and to provide them with an opportunity to gain knowledge of and be involved in business start-ups.
Student Award Winners' Fund
The purpose of the Student Award Winners' Fund is to acknowledge exceptional student achievement. The Fund serves to enable students to attend and accept an award, or equivalent, at a domestic or international event. The Fund aims to:
- recognise the achievements of UTS Faculty of Engineering and IT (FEIT) students;
- spread awareness of FEIT student success and inspire other students.
To be eligible for this funding, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a significant award winner at a national, international and/or industry level, or equivalent.
- You must be an undergraduate or postgraduate FEIT coursework student.
- Achievement must be Engineering or IT related.
- You must have not already received funding from the Fund within the last 12 months.
Travel costs capped per award at:
- $2,000 for international award-winning event
- $800 for domestic award-winning event
- Travel costs can include registration to event, visa, flights, accommodation, and food. Passport costs will be covered in addition to the cap if you don’t already have a passport.
Email FEIT.Engagement@uts.edu.au outlining the award details, location and associated costs of receiving it.