Professor Andrew Parfitt, BE, PhD (Adel), SMIEEE, FIEAust
Professor Andrew Parfitt is UTS's Provost and Senior Vice-President.
As the primary academic officer, the Provost is the second-in-charge to the Vice-Chancellor and oversees the academic activities of the university. This includes a particular focus on:
- the overall academic operations of the university, including management of the faculties
- overseeing the whole of institution deployment of Indigenous strategy, education and support
- promoting social inclusion and widening participation initiatives at UTS
- university-wide strategic planning, quality assurance, performance monitoring and reporting, including oversight of key performance indicators
- developing university planning targets
- Commonwealth funding agreement and broad academic profile management.
Prior to joining UTS, Professor Parfitt was Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) at the University of Newcastle. He has also held positions as pro vice chancellor and vice president, Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment at the University of South Australia; director of the Institute for Telecommunications Research at the University of South Australia; chief executive officer of the Cooperative Research Centre for Satellite Systems; and general manager of space programs in CSIRO’s Telecommunications and Industrial Physics division.
Andrew’s area of academic expertise is telecommunications engineering, including antenna and radio systems research. He has published more than 100 technical papers in refereed conferences and journals.
Andrew is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and has been a member of many government, professional and industry boards and committees. From 2010 to 2012 Andrew was a ministerial appointment to the Australian Government’s Space Industry Innovation Council. He is currently Chair of the Universities Admissions Centre in NSW.
- Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion
- Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research
- Planning and Quality Unit
- UTS Internal Audit
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
tel: +61 2 9514 1350