Iain Watt, BSc (ANU)
Mr Iain Watt joined UTS in June 2018 as Deputy Vice-Chancellor International. Iain is responsible for envisioning and driving the implementation of UTS’s next stage of internationalisation. He has extensive international experience and a record of significant and successful leadership in international education.
Previous academic appointments include Pro Vice-Chancellor, International at the University of Western Australia (UWA), a role he held for five years. Preceding his tenure at UWA, he was Director of International Operations and Student Recruitment at the Australian National University (ANU). In five years at ANU, he led international and domestic student recruitment and admissions and was responsible for international strategic alliances and partnerships.
Key responsibilities include:
- developing and implementing the university's internationalization strategy, including key strategic international partnerships
- overseeing the growth and diversity of the UTS international student profile
- facilitating the development of capability of UTS to operate internationally both in an on and off shore setting and managing against quality standards for international partnerships and programs
- building the UTS brand internationally and ensuring that the brand and values are effectively communicated and represented in all international endeavors.
Iain spent eight years with the Australian Embassy in Beijing. While at the embassy he held positions of Counsellor (Education) for four years, and later, Minister-Counsellor (Education). In both positions, Iain was the Australian Government's senior education representative in China. He lived and worked for six years in Taipei and is fluent in Mandarin.
- UTS International
- UTS IELTS Centre
- UTS Shenzen Research and Innovation Centre
- Australia–China Relations Institute
Ms Payal Khanna
PO Box 123
Broadway NSW 2007
tel: +61 2 9514 1599