Western Earthmoving Scholarship for Construction and Engineering
$10,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
By offering the annual Western Earthmoving (WEM) Scholarship for Construction and Engineering at UTS, WEM will support a broad range of students in the Engineering and Construction disciplines, and engage students to deepen their understanding and experience of the work of WEM and its impact in the development industry.
The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering Construction and Engineering students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies as well as paid work placement with WEM.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled in the first or second year of a UTS:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering Practice course (majoring in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- combined Bachelor of Engineering course (with a major in Civil Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering); or
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management course; and
- Second year students: the Recipient must have achieved a minimum Pass average (WAM 50 +) in their first year of study (applicable for continuing students only).
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
- Please note previous recipients of the WEM scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
Recipient Selection Criteria:
- Motivation and interest in the UTS course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at WEM, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Personal experience and achievement, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview;
- Alignment of the culture, values and goals with those of WEM, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527