The Wanda Jamrozik Scholarship in Journalism
One (1) session
The Wanda Jamrozik Scholarship in Journalism has been established to celebrate the life and achievements of the late Wanda Jamrozik, while promoting the values for which she stood. Wanda made her name as a journalist with a passion for social justice, ethnic affairs and sport. The scholarship seeks to recognise outstanding journalistic work amongst undergraduate or postgraduate Journalism students.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have completed a minimum of two (2) sessions of study (totalling 48 credit points) towards the Master of Advanced Journalism (C04321) program or the Bachelor of Communication (Journalism); and
- Achieved an overall WAM of 75 or above in the course so far; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible
- This will include the submission of a piece of journalistic work of no fewer than four-hundred (400) words, or video work of no less than 4 minutes or audio work or no less than 4 minutes completed during the degree and been published on Central News, that relates to issues of human rights and social justice.
Recipient will be selected based on:
- Journalistic merit and alignment of their submitted work to the theme of human rights and social justice.
- Articulated passion for a career in journalism as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Academic merit in the MA Advanced Journalism or BA Communications Journalism to date.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: 02 9514 2527