Wai Tang and Kee Wong Diversity Opportunity Scholarship
Up to $17,000 per year
Standard duration of UTS course
The Wai Tang and Kee Wong Diversity Opportunity Scholarship has been established by E-Centric Innovations Pty Ltd to deepen and broaden Australia’s pool of digital technology and creative talent. The Scholarship aims to reduce barriers and provide opportunities for women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. It is a unique scholarship whereby the Recipient is asked to consider how they would perpetuate this scholarship opportunity and the culture of philanthropy, should they themselves become successful in the future.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be female; and
- be commencing one of the following eligible undergraduate courses, including where offered as part of a combined degree, relevant to the creative or digital technology industries:
- Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Communication (Digital and Social Media)
- Bachelor of Science in Games Development
- Bachelor of Design in Animation
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture
- Bachelor of Design in Photography
- Bachelor of Design in Product Design
- Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Major in Software or Data Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice Major in Software or Data Engineering; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa, permanent humanitarian visa or a temporary protection visa; and
- be from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (C&LD) background that meets one of the following criteria:
- Arrived in Australia as an immigrant or refugee from a non-English speaking country; or
- A child of migrant parents (mother and father) both of whom are from a non-English speaking country; and
- Applicants must provide evidence of cultural and linguistically diverse background or affiliation: Refugee visa, documentation that proves that both of your parents are migrants from a non-English speaking background (birth certificate), documentation that proves the applicant is their child (birth certificate) or Letter of confirmation from the President or Chairperson of a cultural community group you belong to, including the organisation’s common seal; and
- have not completed a NSW Higher School Certificate or other states equivalent, and
- be seeking to enter university for the first time ; and
- all candidates must apply via UTS Scholarship online application form including provision of a Curriculum Vitae outlining education and work experience to date; and
- all candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
As demonstrated by the Scholarship application and interview:
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen UTS course
- Ambition and determination to succeed in their future career
- Demonstration of obstacles or barriers that have been overcome in order to be able to undertake higher education.
- Willingness to act as an ambassador/role model for professional career women.
In addition preference will be given to applicants that are able to articulate and show commitment towards how they would continue the legacy of this scholarship and the culture of philanthropy if they are successful in their future careers, and have the means and capacity.
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
If you are thinking about studying at UTS, you are encouraged to apply - however please be mindful that to be considered for this scholarship, you must meet all of the eligibility criteria at the time of the scholarship selection.