UTS Council Indigenous Scholarship
One (1) year
The intention of this Scholarship is to support a commencing Indigenous Australian student who is identified as a potential high achiever and who may have barriers to undertaking tertiary studies.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- be a commencing UTS undergraduate coursework student in the session of the scholarship selection; and
- apply for a Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- apply for the Scholarship online using the UTS Scholarship Application Form.
- Motivation for and potential to achieve excellence in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated by the scholarship application;
- Academic merit (ranked in ATAR order or equivalent).
In addition to financial need, preference will also be given to students who are able to demonstrate one or more other educational barriers as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship application, including:
- carer reponsibilites;
- long-term medical condition, disability, or ongoing effects of abuse;
- regional or remote background;
- sole parent responsibilities.
Need more information? Contact...
For the full details of this scholarship please see the Conditions of Award.