UTS Council Indigenous Scholarship
Paid over 1 year
The intention of this Scholarship is to support a commencing Indigenous Australian student who is identified as a potential high achiever and who may have barriers to undertaking tertiary studies.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be/have:
- Of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- Commencing UTS Undergraduate coursework student; and
- Applied through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Motivation for and potential to achieve excellence in the nominated UTS course, as demonstrated by the Scholarship application;
- Academic merit (ranked in ATAR order or equivalent).
In addition to financial need, preference will also be given to students who are able to demonstrate one or more other educational barriers as assessed by the UAC Equity Scholarship, including:
- Regional or remote background
- Sole parent responsibilities
- Carer reponsibilites
- Long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effect of abuse
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
Jumbunna Institute for Indigenous Education and Research
For the full details of the Scholarship, please read the Conditions of Award.