UTS Business Inclusion & Diversity Scholarship
This Scholarship has been established to support a student from a refugee, migrant, indigenous or low socio-economic background, or who is facing financial or other educational disadvantage, and is commencing an undergraduate UTS Business degree.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must be:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- commencing their first year of a UTS Business undergraduate degree; and
- meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); or
- Be a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa; or have entered Australia with a recognised Commonwealth Government humanitarian visa subclass; or
- Be facing financial hardship; or
- Have experienced long-term educational disadvantage due to any of the following:
- from low socio-economic status backgrounds (low SES); and/or
- from non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB); and/or
- person with disabilities or long term medical conditions; and/or
- from regional and remote areas; and/or
- experiencing educational barriers and/or personal hardship (including but not limited to carers, sole parents).
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
NOTE: In order to evidence criteria 3) or 4) above you must apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship or for the Educational Access Scheme.
- Motivation and commitment to succeed in their UTS Business degree program, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Motivation to implement long-term goals to overcome adversity, as demonstrated in the scholarship application
Need more information? Contact...
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527