RBC Capital Markets Women in Finance Scholarship (Undergraduate)
Up to $10,000.
In addition to the Scholarship, the Recipient will be invited to undertake a temporary paid work placement of up to three (3) months at RBC Capital Markets, to take place at a mutually convenient time within the first two years of the scholarship. The work placement will be completed within the scholarship duration as defined in Clause 4.
The duration of the Scholarship is up to two (2) years. Where the Recipient completes their UTS Bachelor of Business course prior to the duration of the Scholarship, the total value of the Scholarship may not be exhausted.
To advance the progression of women in finance through rewarding talented female students who are undertaking the finance major within the UTS Bachelor of Business
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Female student; and
- Must have completed minimum of one (1) year of full-time study (equivalent to 48 credit points) of UTS Bachelor of Business degree* with a Finance Major and going into their second or third year of single degree or fifth or six year of combined degree; and
- Achieved a minimum weighted average mark of a Credit (WAM 70+) in their UTS Bachelor of Business degree or equivalent study*;
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in UTS Bachelor of Business degree with a Finance major; and
- Must disclose any other scholarships, awards, or organisational affiliations beyond UTS; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form.
* Double degrees that include a Bachelor of Business with a Major in Finance will be also be considered.
Recipient selection criteria:
- Academic Merit (WAM) in UTS Bachelor of Business degree or equivalent study
- Motivation to succeed in the UTS Business School Bachelor of Business Finance Major, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Demonstrated initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Demonstrated interest in a future career in finance, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview.
- Availability to undertake a paid temporary work placement at the RBC Capital Markets for a period of up to three (3) months within two (2) years of receiving the award.
- Demonstrated alignment to the cultures and values of the RBC Capital Markets
- Satisfaction of all RBC Capital Markets employee on boarding requirements, including background screening.
- Preference will be given to students who are going into their second or third year of a single degree or the fifth or sixth year of a combined degree in their UTS Bachelor of Business degree with Finance major.
How to apply
To apply please complete the application form. Applications close midnight Monday 23 March 2020.
Scholarships will only be awarded to those students that personally attend an interview.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527