Oak Scholarship Trust Grant
The number of grants awarded each session depend on the number of eligible applicants and funding available.
The Oak Scholarship Trust Grants are for undergraduate students with a Refugee or Asylum Seeker background who demonstrate financial need. The Oak Scholarship Trust offers grants for specific needs to UTS students enrolled in an undergraduate course who have demonstrated academic ability and commitment to their studies and who can demonstrate specific financial needs. The purpose of the grant is to supplement the income of students who are currently experiencing financial hardship alongside other disadvantages whilst pursuing their educational goals.
This is managed and paid by the Oak Scholarship Trust in partnership with UTS (not a UTS scholarship).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Grant an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa, Australian Bridging Visa, Temporary Protection Visa, Safe Haven Enterprise Visa as demonstrated by providing a certified copy of current visa; and
- Admitted into a UTS undergraduate course, including an Honours degree; and
- Enrolled in a minimum of eighteen (18) credit points in the grant offer session.
- For the duration of the Scholarship be enrolled full-time.
- Applicants must have specific financial needs that are not covered by other scholarships or grants
- Academic Merit based on ATAR, GPA or equivalent result.
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the grant application.
- Circumstances impacting the applicant’s ability to support themselves financially and how receipt of the grant will assist their academic success, as demonstrated in the grant application.
Need more information? Contact...
Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion
University of Technology Sydney
T. +61 (02) 9514 2148