New South Wales Police Force Prize
$500 + Certificate
This prize was established in 1997 by the New South Wales Police Service Education and Training Command to award the student who attains the highest mark for the forensic examination of physical evidence subjects.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
The Recipient must:
- Be enrolled as an award student in the Bachelor of Forensic Science in Applied Chemistry; and
- Receive a result in the subject 65412 Physical Evidence in the year for which the award is made and not have had any prior results in this subject; and
- Receive a result in the subject 65544 Chemical Criminalistics in the year for which the award is made and not have had any prior results in this subject.
Selection Criteria in Priority Order:
- The highest weighted average mark for the subjects 65412 Physical Evidence and 65544 Chemical Criminalistics.
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest final mark, the following criteria will be considered:
- Performance in the subjects 65412 Physical Evidence and 65544 Chemical Criminalistics outside of formal assessment that demonstrates mastery of and engagement in the subject;
- Overall academic performance in the student’s award course, including GPA, whether the student has failed other subjects, received academic cautions or had a finding of misconduct made against them.