King & Wood Mallesons Award
$1,500 + certificate
The purpose of this prize is to recognise the best performing student who has completed his or her core Law subjects in the academic year for which the prize is given.
This award is sponsored by King & Wood Mallesons. A truly international presence: King & Wood Mallesons is Australia's most successful commercial law firm, with a strong focus on major corporations and financial institutions in Australia and Asia. The firm has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and London.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Prize the Recipient must:
- be enrolled in an LLB, combined LLB degree or Juris Doctor; and
- have completed all core subjects in their respective degree in the academic year for which the prize is being awarded (STM90832 Core (Law) or STM90688 Core subjects or STM90831 Core subjects (JD) or equivalents as amended from time to time).
The Prize will be awarded to an eligible student with the highest weighted average mark (WAM).
In the event that two or more eligible students have the same WAM, the following criteria will be considered:
- Overall academic performance, including whether the student has failed any subjects, received any academic cautions and rate of progression;
- Whether any findings of misconduct have been made against the student;
- Any other valuable contributions made by the student to the Faculty outside of academic achievement.