Indigenous Relocation and Accommodation Scholarship
Paid over 1 year
To provide Indigenous students from regional and remote areas access with financial assistance towards the cost of relocating to support their academic success.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizen; and
- an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (must complete a Confirmation of Aboriginality form or provide a statutory declaration); and
- intending to enrol, or currently enrolled in an eligible course, which includes:
- an undergraduate award course; or
- a postgraduate award course; or
- the Jumbunna Unistart program; and
- are relocating from a regional or remote area to attend UTS ; and
- must not be in receipt of other Commonwealth funding which may make them ineligible for this Scholarship; and
- must apply using the UAC Equity Scholarship application form and therein demonstrate financial disadvantage:
- through receiving a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (such as Parenting Payment Single, Disability Support Pension, Carers Allowance or ABSTUDY), or by providing comprehensive information demonstrating exceptional financial hardship.
NOTE: Students have the option to make an appointment for an alternative financial assessment with the UTS Financial Assistance Service in the Student Services Unit in order to evidence financial disadvantage. This is only available in cases when an applicant has been deemed ineligible for an Equity Scholarship on the basis of not meeting the financial hardship criteria as specified above and as outlined in the UAC application.
- Applicants that meet the eligibility criteria are not guaranteed a Scholarship as there are a limited number available; the number of Scholarship offers will be based on commonwealth funding available to UTS each year
- For undergraduate students, preferences will be given to students commencing or enrolled in their first undergraduate degree.
How to apply
To apply for this Scholarship, please visit the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) Commonwealth Scholarship page (opens external site).
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: (02) 9514 2527