Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (BUILD)
UTS's BUILD program supports students to develop their global leadership capacity, develop their global networks and gain an international perspective on global and social issues - core attributes of the BUILD Program.
International experience is a very important part of your development as a future leader. The Dr Chau Chak Wing (DCCW) Scholarship Program recognises high achieving students from both Australia and China by providing them with a life-changing opportunity to expand their knowledge and promote lifelong relationships between the two countries.
As part of the DCCW Scholarship Program, BUILD Abroad applicants may apply for Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarships (BUILD). Recipients become members of the prestigious alumni network known as the Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholars Network.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (BUILD) you must:
- be a UTS domestic undergraduate degree student. International students may be considered on a case-by-case basis
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 1.5
- have no sanctions against your UTS enrolment
- not be undertaking a leave of absence
- apply for a scholarship before undertaking the activity (scholarships cannot be awarded retrospectively)
- be enrolled and actively participating in the BUILD program
- have not received a DCCW scholarship previously
- not receive more than ONE UTS financial scholarship or award per year from across the university that supports a mobility experience
- undertake one of the following shortterm study programs in China:
- Sun Yat-sen University International Summer Program
- Shanghai University SILC Summer Chinese Language and Business Program
You must demonstrate what has motivated you to participate in the BUILD Abroad program and how it will enhance your graduate outcomes. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within a reasonable time frame.