Colin Field Prize
This prize was established in 1989 by Emeritus Professor Colin Field, former Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences and Head of the School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences to award the student who attains the highest weighted average mark from all subjects undertaken in the first year of study, in the areas of Biomedical Science, Environmental Biology or Biotechnology.
Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Prize.
Who is eligible?
The Recipient must:
- Be enrolled in one of the following courses: C10115 Bachelor of Biomedical Science, C10223 Bachelor of Environmental Biology, or C10172 Bachelor of Biotechnology in the year of which the award is made; and
- Have completed 48cp in the year in which the award is made.
- The highest weighted average mark awarded for the Bachelor of Biomedical Science, the Bachelor of Environmental Biology, or the Bachelor of Biotechnology degree course.
- In the event that two or more eligible students have the same highest weighted average mark, the following criteria will be considered:
- Performance in the course outside of formal assessment that demonstrates mastery of and engagement in the Honours program;
- Overall performance in the student’s award course, including whether the student has failed subjects, received academic cautions or had a finding of misconduct made against them.