Charter Hall Property Economics Scholarship
$10,000 + Paid Work Placement
Paid over 1 year
The aim of the Charter Hall Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence in the Bachelor of Property Economics degree. The Scholarship is open to applicants annually, offering senior Property Economic students the opportunity to receive a cash grant to support their studies. Successful candidates may also be offered a paid work placement with Charter Hall to gain insight into the day-to-day operation of the (property) profession.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled in the:
- Bachelor of Property Economics; or
- Bachelor of Property Economics Bachelor of Arts in International Studies; and
- Be in the final or penultimate year of one of the above courses in the year for which the scholarship is awarded or intending to studying Honours in the year for which the award is made; and
- Achieved a Credit Average (WAM 65 or above) over the duration of their current UTS course; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person.
Applicants are selected on the below criteria as demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of Charter Hall
- Passion for and motivation to pursue a career in Property using innovative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the property industry
- Interest in Charter Hall and they work they do and in a paid work placement at Charter Hall
- Academic merit may also be taken into consideration.
Additional consideration will be given to students who have:
- Entered one of the eligible courses as a non-current school; or
- Entered their chosen course seeking a return to education from industry, or looking for a career change; or
- Extensive experience in industry.
Applicants in any of the above categories should include a Curriculum Vitae and working reference with their application.
How to apply
All applicants must submit the Charter Hall Property Economics Scholarship application form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Note: Shortlisted applicants will be requested to attend an interview and selection will be based on the selection criteria. Applicants who do not attend the interview will not be considered for the Scholarship.
Need more information? Contact...
Please do not contact Charter Hall at this stage.
Please direct all enquiries to:
UTS Scholarships Office
Charter Hall goes further to help investors, businesses and communities achieve their aspirations. With over 28 years' experience in property investment and funds management, we're one of Australia's leading fully integrated property groups. We use our property expertise to access, deploy, manage and invest equity across core real estate sectors – office, retail, industrial and social infrastructure.
We operate with prudence and have carefully curated a diverse portfolio of over 844 properties, spanning everything from industrial properties, retail centres and premium office buildings, to our most recent investment in early learning centres. Partnership and financial discipline are at the heart of our approach. Acting in the best interests of customers and communities, we combine insight and inventiveness to unlock hidden value. The impacts of what we do are far-reaching. From helping businesses succeed by supporting their evolving workplace needs, to providing investors with superior returns for a better retirement, we’re powered by the drive to go further.