Arcadia Landscape Architecture Indigenous Scholarship
$20,000 for an undergraduate student & $10,000 for a Masters student + Paid work placement
Up to four (4) years for an undergraduate student and up to two (2) years for a Masters student
The aim of the Arcadia Landscape Architecture Indigenous Scholarship is to support Indigenous students studying Landscape Architecture by providing financial assistance, industry mentorship and the opportunity for a paid work placement.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and provide either:
- a Confirmation of Aboriginality from a Local Aboriginal Land Council or other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation; or
- a UTS Statutory Declaration form accompanied by two written references from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people from the applicant’s community who can confirm their identity and are not an immediate family member; and
- Be enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) or
- Be enrolled full-time or part-time in the Masters of Landscape Architecture; and
- Provide a curriculum vitae; and
- All applicants must apply using the UTS online Scholarship Application form to be eligible.
- All applicants must be able to attend an interview, if required.
As demonstrated in the Scholarship application and interview:
- Commitment to benefiting the Indigenous community through landscape architectural culture and production; and
- Initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives;
- Alignment of values, goals and culture with those of Arcadia; and
- Motivation and interest in participating in a paid work placement at Arcadia and to pursue a career in landscape architecture.
- Commitment to promoting the Scholarship and supporting its purpose, and to being an engaged UTS graduate, including providing mentorship to any future Recipient/s.
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office