Human resources for health collaborations
WHO CC involvement: Prof. James Buchan
Professor James Buchan, Adjunct Professor at UTS, has been representing the WHO CC UTS as keynote speaker at several conferences in the year, contributing to national and global understanding on nursing and midwifery related HRH issues.
The events that Professor Buchan has contributed to are as follows
- European Health Forum, Gastein, Austria, September 2014
- World Bank Symposium,on Universal Health Care, Washington DC, October 2014
- Centre for Health Policy and Outcomes seminar, University of Pennsylvania, October 2014
- Canadian Health Workforce conference, Ottawa, Canada, October 2014
- International Labour Organisation 'Decent Work Across Borders' conference, Brussels, Belgium, November 2014
- Biomed International Health Services Research Conference, London, July 2014 - Keynote speaker on retention and distribution of HRH;
- National Rural Health Conference, Mount Isa, August 2014 - Keynote speaker on distribution of HRH;
- Asia Pacific (APAC) Forum on Quality Improvement in Healthcare, Melbourne, September 2014 - Keynote speaker and Session Chair/Organiser.
Healthcare systems that have quality distribution of HRH promote reduced population health inequities, and work towards universal health coverage with improved health outcomes.