Date: 13-14 August and 13-14 September 2018
Venue: UTS City Campus
Cost: $2,783.00 (GST inclusive)
The Certification Short Course is for building professionals wishing to become accredited certifiers or renew their accreditation. It has been approved by the Building Professionals Board (BPB) and successful completion of the course is a prerequisite for an application for accreditation with the BPB. This course involves three written assignments in addition to attendance at all sessions.
If you are applying to enrol in the Certification Short Course as a prerequisite to applying for accreditation in categories A1, A2 or A3, you must first check that you hold one of the qualifications listed for these categories in Schedule 3, Part 2 of the BPB Accreditation Scheme. You must have the qualification required to apply for accreditation in these categories.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation system should be directed to the Building Professionals Board NSW on 02 8522 7800 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will benefit?
This program is particularly useful for: Building professionals wishing to become accredited certifiers or renew their accreditation.
- Course introduction and overview; the certification system; the NSW planning system; zoning and development standards; the development application and assessment process; conditions of consent.
- Development approvals and issuing certificates: construction, occupation, compliance, subdivision, strata.
- Setting up as a Certifier; running the business; paperwork, records and reports; handling customers and community responsibilities; compliance and enforcement.
- BPB complaints and auditing processes; legal workshop; insurance and liability; conflicts of interest; course review.
About the Presenters
The program is taught by a team of expert practitioners assisted by senior staff of the Building Professionals Board.
Danny Wiggins has been a Planning consultant for twenty years, specialising in statutory planning systems and local planning controls. He has worked for all three levels of government, and a range of private sector clients.
Robert Marinelli is a Director and joint Managing Director in the Philip Chun group of companies, his experience ranges from domestic residential developments to multi-storey office, hotel and retail developments.
Steve Watson is Managing Director of Steve Watson and Partners, building regulation consultants and Certifiers. He is an accredited fire-safety engineer, an accredited Principal Certifying Authority in New South Wales, and a highly qualified and experienced professional in the area of performance-based building code compliance.
Tim Stenning is a Grade A1 Accredited Certifier under the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme. Tim has 20 years’ experience as a Building Surveyor and Accredited Certifier within both the private sector and Local Government. Tim is a regular presenter of Continuing Professional Development activities for the Association of Accredited Certifiers and has also prepared course notes for the AAC Complying Development CPD course. With experience working as an accredited certifier in regional areas as well as the metropolitan area, Tim brings a deep understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities facing Accredited Certifiers working in regional areas.
The program involves a package of three assessments. These must be completed satisfactorily for participants to obtain a Certificate of Successful Completion, which in turn is essential for accreditation.
Assessment requirements include:
- Attendance – generally 100% of the Course except for the most pressing reasons
- Satisfactory participation in small-group activities during the Course
- Three substantial written assignments. (NB: These must clearly be each participant’s own work – plagiarism and collusion are unacceptable.)
Standard Full Fee - $2,783.00 (GST Inclusive)
How to book:
- ONLINE: Book and pay by credit card
- REQUEST AN INVOICE: Organisations with an ABN can also be invoiced. Please complete the Invoice Request Form and email to email@example.com to request an invoice.
For all course related enquiries and future dates, please contact us on (02) 9514 7884 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions relating to this course.
For all other enquiries regarding enrolment or payment, please contact UTS Short Courses on Tel: +61 (02) 9514 2913 or email email@example.com
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment numbers to run.