UTS Learning and Teaching Awards and Citations
About the awards
The UTS Vice-Chancellor's Learning and Teaching Awards and Citations recognise the importance of learning and teaching for both undergraduate and postgraduate students within the framework of the UTS model of global practice-oriented education.
They're aligned with the national teaching and learning awards and citations schemes. In fact, many successful UTS applicants have gone on to win national citations or teaching awards.
The awards are open to UTS academic and professional staff members, including staff employed on a casual or sessional basis.
See the list of winners from 2019.
- UTS Learning and Teaching Citations ($1,000) are awarded for significant and sustained contributions to student learning, student engagement and/or the student experience by individuals or teams.
- UTS Learning and Teaching Awards ($3,000 for individual awards and $5,000 for team teaching awards) are awarded in specific categories:
- Individual Teaching Award
- Team Teaching Award
- Early Career Teaching Award
- Teaching by a Casual or Sessional Staff Member Award
- Strengthening the UTS Model of Learning Award
- learning.futures Award
- Contribution to Social Impact in Learning and Teaching Award
- Integration of Indigenous Professional Capabilities into Curriculum Award
- Academic Support Award
How to apply
- Download the below documentation and follow the recommended steps to develop your application.
Email digital copies of your application (PDF) to Philippa Scott by 10am Friday 16 October 2020. Please do not send hard copies.
Applications close: 10am Friday 16 October 2020.
- Winners will be announced at the Learning and Teaching Forum in November 2020 and formally awarded at the Vice-Chancellor's Learning and Teaching Awards Ceremony in 2021.