Applications will soon open for the 2019 Vice-Chancellor's Learning and Teaching Awards and Citations.
The UTS Vice-Chancellor's Learning and Teaching Awards and Citations recognise the importance of learning and teaching for both undergraduate and postgraduate students within the framework of the UTS model of global practice-oriented education. They're aligned with the national teaching and learning awards and citations schemes. In fact, many successful UTS applicants have gone on to win national Citations or Teaching Awards.
See the list of winners from 2018.
- UTS Learning and Teaching Citations ($1,000) are awarded for significant and sustained contributions to student learning, student engagement and/or the student experience by individuals or teams.
- UTS Learning and Teaching Awards ($3,000 for individual awards and $5,000 for Team Teaching awards) are awarded in specific categories:
- Individual teaching Award
- Team Teaching Award
- Early Career Teaching Award
- Teaching by a casual or sessional staff member Award
- Strengthening the UTS Model of Learning Award
- learning.futures Award
- Contribution to Social Impact in Learning and Teaching Award
- Integration of Indigenous Professional Capabilities into Curriculum Award
- Academic Support Award
How to apply
- The guidelines and nomination form will be available from this page from mid-August 2019.
- Applications close: 10 am Friday 25 October 2019.
- Winners announced: At the Learning and Teaching Forum in November 2019.
- Register to attend a four-part workshops series in the LX.lab on preparing to apply for a teaching award or promotion, 'Focusing your case and practicing your claims' [opens Futures blog]. Workshop dates: 17 July, 14 August, 11 September
- For questions specific questions about nominations and applying contact Philippa Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org)