Elite athletes or performers
Are you an elite athlete or performer who represented your school or state at a national level competition/event?
Has your study been impacted because of this?
If you answered yes to both of these questions, you may be eligible for a five-point adjustment to your Selection Rank .
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the UTS Elite Athletes or Performers Special Admission Scheme, you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be an elite athlete or performer
- Have submitted a UAC application and preferenced a UTS course
What is an elite athlete?
You have officially represented your school or state at a national level competition during Year 12, or other studies relevant to your application.
Your selection to the relevant team must be competitive.
What is an elite performer?
You have performed in extended/significant productions or competitions in Australia or overseas during Year 12, or other studies relevant to your application.
This may include actors, dancers, public speakers, debaters and musicians.
How to apply?
In your application, you will be asked to:
- Enter your UAC application number and details about your schooling and performance commitments
- Demonstrate evidence of your commitment as an elite athlete or performer by uploading a personal statement (Doc, 97kB), a statement from your coach and/or manager (Doc, 99kB) and your weekly training/rehearsal schedule (Doc, 95kB)
- Demonstrate the impact your commitment has had on your educational performance by uploading a statement from a responsible person at your educational institution (e.g. principal, careers advisor) (Doc, 105kB)
Please note that you will not be able to save your application to come back to at a later time so you will need to prepare all the information, statements and supporting documents in advance.
Applications for 2021 are now open
Applications close: midnight 30 November 2020.