8 ways security can help you on campus
While we love UTS’s inner-city location, there are times, in any big city, when you may feel afraid or alone. Never fear – UTS security is here! If you’ve ever wondered exactly how those mysterious people in white shirts keep you safe, here are your answers!
- Contact security: In an emergency on campus, dial 1800 249 559 from your mobile or any phone (or 6 from campus phones). For general UTS security enquiries, call 9514 1192 (1192 from campus phones), email email@example.com or ask a security guard on patrol. If you need emergency assistance off-campus, dial 000 immediately.
- Security escorts: Wary of the city after dark? Arrange a security escort to get you safely to your destination. Call 9514 1192 to arrange a time to meet, ensuring that you provide plenty of notice and have your student ID card on hand.
- Nightly security shuttle: This handy service starts from 6:30pm nightly, and can take you to multiple key destinations around the City campus. It’s safe, fast, and means you can rest your feet after a long day – win, win, win!
- Emergency Help Points: If you need help and can’t contact security on the phone, head to one of their 10 help points located around campus. They’re bright orange and will connect you directly to the security office.
- Escape from UTS: Everyone needs to know what to do in an emergency. But just in case you don’t, check out this handy video and learn everything you need to get you out of here – safely!
- Lost property: Lost your warmest scarf? Or found someone else’s phone? Get in contact with the lost and found service via email or in Buildings 1 and 5.
- Personalised Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP): If you have a disability, medical condition, or any issue that impedes your ability to escape in an emergency, you need a PEEP. Contact the Emergency@UTS email.
- Other tips and tricks to staying safe on campus: For more info, head to the Safety at UTS webpage or get in contact with the security team today.