7 need-to-knows about summer session
Looking to catch-up on a subject? Or pick-up some extra credit? If the answer to either of these is yes, you might want to enrol in Summer session.
To get you started, here are 7 need-to-knows.
- Summer session officially runs every year between November and February, however, some subjects are offered in a shorter block mode (usually 6 weeks).
- It's an optional session! So if the beach is calling you, don’t let us hold you back.
- You can study a maximum of 24 credit points over summer.
- Not all subjects are offered over summer, but faculties do try to offer as many as they can.
- You’ll still get a holiday break. Mid-session StuVac for Summer session is 23 - 29 December 2019 (and depending on the subject, you may get a longer break).
- If you’d like to apply to study a summer subject offered by another faculty (outside of your own), you can apply from mid-November.
- Over 6000 students study over summer. So you won’t be alone. The campus is open and waiting (and the bonus is there should be plenty of free study spots!)
Find out more
- For more on summer, FAQs and a 2019/2020 summer subject guide* visit summer.uts.edu.au.
- Plan your subjects at UTS Timetable Planner.
*This list is a guide only, some Summer subjects may change based on demand. Once you've explored the subjects you might be interested in, check availabilities in UTS Timetable Planner.
- 14 October 2019: Re-enrolment for continuing students opens for 2020. Please note, from this date you'll be able to enroll in two summer sessions - Summer 2019/2020 and Summer 2020/2021. So make sure you select the correct summer intake year (2019/2020 or 2020/2021) when choosing your summer subjects!
- 18 November 2019: Summer session 2019/2020 officially commences.
- 14 February 2020: Summer session 2019/2020 teaching ends.
- 16 November 2020: Summer session 2020/2021 officially commences.