A complete listing of all tuition fees payment due dates is available.
Extension to pay
Summer, February, March, May, July, August, October, and December sessions
Formal extensions to the due date are not available in these sessions. International students' tuition fee payments not received by the due date will attract a $150 Late Payment Fee.
Autumn and Spring sessions
In Autumn and Spring sessions, international students with temporary financial difficulties may be able to apply for a short-term extension to the fee payment due date. A short-term extension will only extend to the session’s census date and will attract a $100 Payment Extension Fee.
Please note that international students' tuition fee payments not received by the due date, when you have not received written approval for an extension, will attract a $150 Late Payment Fee.
The due date for Autumn session is Friday 6 March 2020.
Due date for Calendar B Autumn session is Friday 21 February 2020.
Details of the extension for international student tuition fees are as follows:
- Extensions beyond your advertised due date will incur a $100 payment extension fee.
- The maximum extended census due date for Autumn session and/or Calendar B Autumn session is Tuesday 7 April 2020.
- Payment not made by Tuesday 7 April 2020, except in exceptional circumstances, will result in your enrolment being cancelled. UTS is required by law to inform the Department of Home Affairs of the cancellation of your enrolment.
- In exceptional circumstances, payment may be accepted after Tuesday 7 April 2020, but an additional $250 late payment penalty will be charged and you must obtain prior written approval.
A fee payment extension is not automatic and is not confirmed until you receive a formal approval email to your UTS email account. Please allow up to three (3) working days for a response. If you have been granted a payment extension this does not automatically allow you to obtain documentation from the university.
Further Help ?
If you are experiencing financial difficulty you may also wish to seek advice from the financial assistance service.
Cancellation of Enrolment due to non-payment
It is a requirement of your student visa that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and to pay for your studies in Australia.
If you have not paid your tuition fees by the required date your UTS enrolment will be subject to cancellation. If your enrolment is cancelled, the university is required by law to notify the Department of Home Affairs for their further action.
If your enrolment is subject to cancellation, UTS will advise you of this intention in writing and will provide you with instructions and information on the formal appeal period and process.
Payment by International Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
You can make an online payment from your home country by international Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using third party, Flywire. If you use this service you will need to accept Flywire’s terms and conditions.
To make a payment using Flywire:
- You will need your Tax Invoice Number - this 19-digit number is located at the top right hand corner of your tax invoice.
- Go to http://uts.flywire.com/ (opens an external site) and select the ‘Start your payment’ option next to ‘Continuing Student’.
For further information on how to use Flywire Transfer please visit Flywire Help (opens an external site).
All other payment methods are listed on the 'How to Pay' attachment that you will receive with your invoice and on the Payment Methods.
It is not possible to make payment through any of the UTS student centres on campus.