The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology supports the benefits of practice-orientated learning through the inclusion of internships or work experience in your course.
Experience in the workplace will allow you to integrate theory with practice and inform your further study and approach to learning. You can undertake an internship or work experience in Australia, in your home country, or in a completely new destination. You must register the internship via CareerHub to be reviewed by the Work Integrated Learning team (internships).
Internships or work experience are offered through the following options:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice
- Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (without the Diploma)
- Bachelor of Engineering (without the Diploma)
- Master of Professional Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice
- Diploma in Information Technology Professional Practice
Work Integrated Learning team (internships)
What we do:
- Maintain close links with the industry and advertise internships on CareerHub that meet course requirements.
- Make sure that students have access to all internships that are suitable for particular majors.
- Provide administrative support with regards to using CareerHub.
- Provide insurance related documents to students on an unpaid internship.
- Provide support letters to be submitted by students as and when required.
Telephone: 9514 9044 or 9514 2026
One-on-one consultations: Tuesdays 2 - 3 pm and Thursdays 11 am - 1 pm in the FEIT Learning Precinct (CB11.05.300). No appointment required.
Additional job-finding resources
- UTS is a member of the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE). IAESTE arranges overseas work experience opportunities for university students studying degrees in engineering, science, and technology related disciplines. For information on international internship opportunities, please contact UTS International at email@example.com
- The Engineering and IT Careers Fair (for undergraduates) is usually held in August. An email will be sent to students regarding the date.
- The Internship and Volunteering Fair (across all faculties) is usually held in August. An email will be sent to students regarding the date.
- The UTS Careers Service have a variety of workshops to assist students in developing and strengthening their job-search skills in areas such as networking, resume and cover letter writing and interview techniques.
- IT students can refer to the ACS Foundation for vacancies.