The Innovation Hub (iHub) is a brand new room in Building 11 on Level 5, designed specifically for student-led, co-curricular projects focused on innovation and entrepreneurship.
Introduction to the iHub
The iHub is a place for students to brainstorm, to ideate, to collaborate and to bring ideas to life. The iHub is a space where students have the freedom to explore ideas with no constraints and to innovate with their peers.
These are the five values that underpin the iHub:
- Collaboration – the iHub is a space for students to work together and build upon each other’s knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Inspiration – this is a place for ideas to be explored, encouraged and nurtured.
- Great projects, great people – this is a student-community that supports ideas, projects and each other.
- No marks, no worries – you will never be assessed in this room and your marks don’t matter.
- Student-led – this is a place for students, by students.
How to use the space
Examples of how to use the space:
Showcasing your work, side projects or ideas in the space
Participate in, or run your own, knowledge-sharing workshops
Meet new people and see what other students within the Faculty are working on
Pitches and competitions
Peer learning around specific skills
Industry workshops or networking
Work on your innovative ideas
Student Society events and workshops
The space is not for:
- Regular classes (tutorials, lectures, etc.)
Non student-focused events