The iMentors Program is a mentorship program that supports engineering and IT international students with their transition to life in Sydney and at UTS.
Introduction to the iMentors Program
The iMentors Program provides incoming first-year international students (mentees) from the Faculty of Engineering and IT with the opportunity to receive on-going support from experienced domestic and international students (mentors). The program supports mentees with their transition to life in Sydney and UTS, as well as helping them to form social connections. Created and led by the faculty's international student ambassadors, this program was designed by students, for students.
Mentor applications and mentee sign-ups have closed for Autumn 2020
iMentors Program application information
Aims of the program
To support international students with their transition to life in Sydney and to build social connections
To create an enriching UTS community and experience for both international and domestic students
- To overcome the invisible barrier that exists between international and domestic students by promoting cross-cultural collaboration
A compulsory training session that provides students with crucial information to succeed as a mentor.
Mentees have the opportunity to connect and interact with mentors online. Questions can be answered, advice can be shared and friendships can be formed before mentees arrive in Sydney.
A compulsory event at the start of the semester for both mentors and mentees to meet in-person for the first time.
Specifically designed activities that support the needs of both mentors and mentees such as careers, cultural exchanges, and social events.
Regular on-campus meet-ups that bring mentors and their mentees together.
A compulsory reflection survey completed by mentors to reflect on goals set during their training session.
An end of semester ceremony that recognises and celebrates the success of both mentors and mentees.
Mentor award levels
Mentors are required to meet the minimum completion award level of bronze to officially complete the program and receive their award.
|Award Level||Welcome event||core activities||Meet-ups (minimum 3)||reflection survey||additional activities/meet-ups|
- Be a student from the Faculty of Engineering and IT
- Be a current domestic/international student
- Have completed at least one semester at UTS
- Be able to attend one of the training days: 3rd Feb 2020 or 4th Feb 2020
- Be able to attend the iMentors Welcome Event on 6th March 2020 at 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Mentor applications have closed for Autumn 2020
- Must be an incoming first-year international student
- Be a student from the Faculty of Engineering and IT (planning to study or studying an engineering/IT course)
Mentee sign-ups have closed for Autumn 2020
Got a question? Email us at FEIT.email@example.com and we'll get back to you shortly.