We recognise that students enter UTS with varying backgrounds in mathematics. The Maths Readiness Survey is designed to help commencing undergraduate Computing Science, Engineering and Science students select the first-year mathematics subject most appropriate to their background.
Completion of the MRS is mandatory for students enrolling in one of the following subjects:
- Engineering students: 33130 Mathematical Modelling 1
- Science students: 33190 Mathematical Modelling for Science
- BCompSc(Hons) and BScIT (Data Analytics major) students: 37131 Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems
How to take the MRS
- After enrolling in the mathematics subject above relevant to your course, allocate yourself to one of the introductory activities.
- You will be able to change sessions should you be unable to attend on the day you have chosen, subject to availability.
- On the day of your session, please arrive at the testing centre specified on your timetable at least 15 minutes before your session to confirm your attendance.
- Make sure that you bring your login details and a photo ID.
Go to mssc.uts.edu.au and login using your UTS ID and password. Once logged in, the site will allow you to attempt two (2) practice surveys.
Outcome of the MRS
The outcomes of the MRS are as follows:
|Satisfactory||You remain enrolled in the subject.|
|Unsatisfactory or no attempt||
Engineering & Science students: You will be automatically withdrawn from the subject and enrolled in 35010 Foundation Mathematics. Enrolment in 33130 or 33190 will not be permitted until you successfully complete 35010.