Confirm your class
Powerhouse Theatre PH.01.02.100 is relocating to TAFE Turner Hall in Autumn Week 1 only (11 – 15 March)
All Week 1 classes that start before 5pm scheduled in PH.01.02.100 will be held in TAFE Turner Hall at TAFE Campus Building B, corner of Mary-Anne and Harris Street, Ultimo for the first week only (11 – 15 March). Please attend lectures in the normal location of PH.01.02.100 for all other weeks.
The Powerhouse Museum is approximately a 10-minute walk from Central Station via The Goods Line. The route has been marked out in yellow on the campus map (PDF, 353kb).
You can also catch the light-rail to the Paddy's Market stop. This light-rail stop is located between Hay Street and Quay Street, near Paddy’s Markets entrance and opposite Qantas Credit Union Area (formerly Sydney Entertainment Centre). For more information visit the NSW Transport - Lightrail Info website.
Student access to the Powerhouse:
- via the Museum’s level 1 (PDF, 92kB) entry off The Goods Line. There is no access to UTS students via the main entry from Harris St.
- From level 1, take the escalator up to level 2 (PDF, 83kB) and follow the signs to the Powerhouse Theatre. Disability access is via a lift from the level 1 lobby.
- To access level 3 (PDF, 92kB), please continue on the escalators from level 2 up to level 3.
Guidance is also available from front of house staff at the Powerhouse Museum if you need additional help.
Remember to check your timetable for the location of your class.
Always carry your student ID card
Please ensure you have your student ID on you and be ready to show Security staff for entry to the Museum.
Forgetting your ID card
Bags and larger items
Food and drink
UTS wireless networks are available in the teaching spaces.
Level 2: PH.01.02.100
You need to connect to eduroam wireless network.
- To connect to eduroam, you need a UTS profile set up on your phone first. We recommend you do this while on the main UTS campus. Once complete you can test the connection to eduroam.
- For iOS, MacOS X and Windows 7 users this requires you to install a program onto your device before you can connect to eduroam at the Power House.
Find user instructions for eduroam at our eduroam website.
Level 3: PH.01.03.101
You can connect to either UTS-WiFi, UTS-WPA or eduroam.
- Enter your student number and IT password to connect.
Find out more from our UTS wireless website.
- the nearest Security Office to the Powerhouse Museum is located in Building 5, on level 2 of the UTS Library - phone 9514 1192/3.
Travelling at night
If you require access assistance getting to the Powerhouse Theatre from the UTS campus, please contact the Accessibility Service to connect you with an Accessibility Assistant. You can contact the Accessibility service by emailing Accessibility@uts.edu.au or by calling (02) 9514 1177.
To access the infra-red assistive audio system, you can pick up an infra-red listening device, available from UTS Accessibility, UTS Security or on-site at the Powerhouse Theatre.
For other access requests please contact the UTS Accessibility Service.