A number of resources are available to guide students and staff through the processes of reporting and management of hazards and incidents using HIRO - the UTS system for Hazard and Incident Reporting Online.
Logging into HIRO
- Use your UTS student or staff ID number as your username, with your UTS Access (email) password to login.
- All current UTS staff and students have access.
- Contractors and visitors to UTS should report hazards and incidents to their primary UTS contact - who may be a staff supervisor, project manager or school liaison manager, or event co-ordinator - who will report the hazard or incident on their behalf.
There are different Helps that are available to HIRO users:
Within HIRO, you can select the "Tutorials" link in the top-right side of the screen to view three videos covering:
- an overview of the system,
- how to report a hazard or incident, and
- what to do when a hazard or incident has been assigned to you as a staff member.
Click on the Tutorials (film reel) icon to access the video tutorials.
Click on the Help (Lifebuoy) icon to open link to Help guides that explain how to complete your report. There are three Help guides:
- Reporting a Hazard in HIRO (PDF 1282 Kb)
- Reporting an Incident in HIRO (PDF 1212 Kb)
- Reporting a Security Incident in HIRO [For security staff] (PDF 1266 Kb)
The blue Help boxes beside each field will guide you through what information is required to complete the report.
The Information window on the left displays all alerts and answers to FAQs (see below) as well as what fields are still required to be completed where a mandatory field has not been entered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) are also available for pages and appear on the left, in the FAQ section. These pages are dynamic and will display common questions relevant to the page that is currently open. Click on the question to display an answer in the Information window.
If your problem relates to logging in to or accessing the HIRO system, please contact the IT Service Desk.
If you require procedural assistance regarding the reporting of hazards/incidents, creation of action plans or management reporting for health and safety hazards/incidents using HIRO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.