Why partner with us?
At UTS, we’re committed to making connections that count. UTS Orthoptics values and supports education and external participation in the mentorship of orthoptic students.
Clinical placements help prepare students to be work-ready. They can also provide students with an insight into potential career paths, for example, specialising in paediatrics, low vision, neuro-ophthalmology or general ophthalmology.
Clinical partnering is a fantastic opportunity for you to showcase your workplace and practice, and to gain recognition as a valued educational partner, helping to produce high quality orthoptic graduates for the future.
The benefits to your practice
- A framed Letter of Recognition formally acknowledging your affiliation with UTS Orthoptics
- Positive contribution towards your Australian Orthoptic Board Continued Professional Development program (opens external site) points
- Eligibility for an annual UTS Orthoptics award, which recognises one public and one private practice that provide the greatest amount of clinical placements in any given year. The winner is publicised on the UTS Orthoptic website.
- Eligibility for an Orthoptic staff member in your practice to be awarded the Clinician of the Year, as voted by UTS Orthoptics students. Again, the winner is publicised on the UTS Orthoptics website.
When do placements occur?
Students are on clinical placement for their Professional Practice (PP) Subject at the following times:
- PP1 – August to December (First Year students)
- PP2 – February to June (Second Year students)
- PP3 – July to October (Second Year students)
Submit your expression of interest
If you would like to partner with us by taking students on clinical placement, please contact us and a representative from UTS Orthoptics will contact you to discuss further.