We have recently installed this instrument which allows complete sample characterisation through the UV-VIS-NIR range for both liquid and solid samples:
- Wavelength Range 190-2500nm
- Measurements: Polarised angular reflectance and Transmittance
- Individual control of sample angle and detector angle (full BDRF scattering data capability)
The Perkin Elmer Lambda 950 UV/VIS/NIR Spectrometer is a double beam, double monochromators with ratio recording spectrophotometer is controlled by a PC.
- Wavelength Range: 175nm – 3300 nm
- UV/VIS Resolution: = 0.05 nm
- NIR Resolution: = 0.20 nm
Its capabilities include transmittance, absorbance, absolute and variable angle specular reflectance measurements, and solid and liquid sample holders.
The Agilent Cary Eclipse Fluorescence Spectrometer operates in fluorescence, phosphorescence or bio or chemi-luminescence modes. It has Xe pulse lamp source (80 Hz) and Czerny-Turner monochromators. Its excitation and emission wavelength range is of 200-900 nm (High performance R928 PMT) with minimum slit width of 1.5 nm. Scan rates are from 0.01-24 000 nm/min, 80 data points per second maximum measurement rate.
Wavelength Range: 190nm – 3300nm
- Temperature stage (Liquid-He to 800K)
- Small spot size probes
- Translation mapping stage
- Rotation mapping stage
A two angle particle and molecule size analyser that uses dynamic light scattering (DLS) technology. It can also measure the zeta potential of particles.