For a young university, UTS has achieved some impressive results in international rankings.
UTS is an internationally recognised university where we are constantly ranked as the highest performing university in Australia under 50 years of age by numerous sources.
You can access all our relevant information as follows:
- 1st in Australia in the 2019 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings for Communication & Media Studies
- Global Top 100 and 8th in Australia in the 2020 QS World Subject Rankings for Communication & Media Studies
- Global Top 200 in the 2019 Shanghai Ranking for Communication
- 1st in Australia in the 2019 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings for Education
- 77th in the world and 7th in Australia in the 2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings for Education
- Global Top 100 and 10th in Australia in the 2020 QS World Subject Rankings for Education
- Global Top 150 in the 2019 Shanghai Ranking for Education
- 1st in Australia in the the 2019 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings for International Studies
- Top 150 in the world in the 2020 QS World Subject Rankings for Social Sciences & Management
At UTS, we pride ourselves on our strong partnerships with industry and within the community.
- The School of Communication has a number of industry partners that assist with the development of courses, provide internship opportunities and real-world assessment briefs and give guest lectures.
- Partnerships include PWC, Channel 7, ABC, Qantas, Microsoft, Web Profits, Transport for NSW, Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, IBM, Intel, Allen & Unwin, Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Water, Vice, Cancer Council, Telstra, Australian Museum and more.
- UTS has more than 400 partner schools across NSW for teacher education placements. These include government and non-government schools, as well as urban and rural schools, to ensure students gain a variety of teacher education experiences.
- UTS also has partnerships with Newington College and Barker College, with both schools offering exclusive scholarships to UTS students.
- Through 25 years of offering International Studies, UTS has built extensive partnerships with universities around the world.
- Students studying a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies have access to more than 100 overseas partner institutions for their year-long In-Country Study (ICS).
- The UTS Global Exchange program also offers international exchanges to more than 240 partner universities.