School of Life Sciences projects
The School of Life Sciences at UTS brings together research in areas such as environmental, plant, marine biology, medical microbiology, infectious diseases, parasitology, inflammation, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurological disorders, cancer, metabolic biochemistry and bionanotechnology.
- School of Life Sciences honours projects (PDF, 981kB)
- Environmental Sciences projects - Katherina Petrou
- Infection and Immunity projects - Iain Duggin
- Medical and Molecular Biosciences projects - Najah Nassif
More about the research teams:
- Chinese Medicine
- Chronic Disease Solutions
- Climate Change Cluster (C3)
- Ecosystem Security
- Infections, Immunity and Innovations Institute (ithree)
- Molecular Biosciences Team
- Parasites, Microbes and Host Immunity
School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences projects
The School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences brings together research in areas such as Medicinal Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Forensics, Applied Physics, Nanotechnology, Biomedical Physics, Advanced Materials, Mathematics, Statistics and Modelling.
For more information contact Dr Andrew McDonagh.
Applied Physics and Nanotechnology
- Applied Physics and Nanotechnology honours projects (PDF, 538kB).
For more information contact Dr Matthew Arnold.
Mathematics, Statistics, Forensics
- Mathematics, Statistics, Forensics honours projects (PDF, 373kB).
For more information contact Dr Stephen Woodcock.
- Come along to the Honours information session and meet with potential honours supervisors. See event details.
- Talk to supervisors about the projects you are interested in, decide on the project and supervisor that best suit you, and obtain your potential supervisor’s consent to supervise you.
- Or if you miss the information session, then you must contact the supervisors directly and arrange a time to meet with them to discuss your interest in undertaking an honours project under their supervision.
- Finalise agreement for supervision – it is important that you obtain agreement that the Academic offering the project is willing to supervise you.
- Submit the Faculty of Science Supplementary Application form (PDF, 193kB) and appropriate UTS application forms based on the degree, either Bachelor’s Honours or MSc (Hons), you are applying for admission (see below).
To apply for admission to Bachelor's Honours:
Complete and submit
Closing dates for application, how and where to lodge the forms are on the application forms.
To apply for admission to Master of Science (Honours):
- Submit the Faculty of Science Supplementary Application form (PDF, 193kB).
- Lodge an internal course transfer request via the online university system.
Please be aware that submission of these forms are an expression of interest only and does not guarantee placement in one of the School’s honours programs. The School’s honours committee will meet to assess your application. You will be informed of the result by the date indicated on the supplementary application form. Please keep a copy of your forms for your records.