Women in Engineering and IT Cooperative Scholarship
$66,000 & 3 internships throughout the degree
The Women in Engineering and IT Cooperative Scholarship is a cooperative education program between the University and sponsoring organisations. The aim of the program is to attract, retain and develop women in the fields of Engineering and Information Technology (IT). The scholarship will identify high achieving female students that have a passion and interest to pursue a career in Engineering or IT. The scholarship will include three (3) industry placements as well as mentoring, networking, leadership and professional development opportunities.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be Female; and
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizens, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Be enrolled or intend to enrol in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice in the session immediately commencing the award.
- Be a Recent School Leavers with minimum ATAR of 85 and above as the basis of admission in an eligible UTS degree; or
- A Non-Recent School Leavers who have:
- completed no more than 48 credit points in an engineering degree at UTS; or
- completed no more than 48 credit points in an engineering degree at another university, and intend to transfer to an eligible UTS engineering degree; and
- have achieved a Credit Average (WAM 65 +) in all credit points completed at the time of application; OR
- have completed a qualification acceptable for entry to an eligible UTS engineering degree, achieving a qualification rank of 85 or above, and are commencing their first undergraduate engineering degree (Excluding applicants that received an offer on the basis of a Special Tertiary Admissions Test).
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible; and
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that attend an interview.
- Candidates are required to submit an online application form to demonstrate their interest in studying engineering.
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified after the release of ATAR results.
How to apply
Please apply using the online application form.
Applications are open from 24 February to 6 September 2020.
Promising applicants will then be short-listed and invited for an interview. Interviews will be held 1 October 2020.