Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship
Up to 5 years
The Westpac Young Technologists Scholarship is a young innovators dream. Open to anyone under 26 years of age, this scholarship provides budding technologists with the exposure and connections they’ll need to turn their passion for innovation into a rewarding career. In addition to financial support, the scholarship offering includes internship opportunities, access to industry leaders within the Westpac Group, and life-long membership to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Current school leaver who received an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or equivalent score; and
- Non-current school leavers, under 26 years of age at the commencement of the relevant academic year; and
- Achieved an ATAR or equivalent of 80 or above, excluding bonus points; and
- For the duration of the Scholarship: full-time enrolment in one of the below specified UTS undergraduate degrees and relevant majors; and
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships Application form to be eligible.
- Applicants wanting to evidence financial disadvantage or other equity barriers should apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) for an Equity Scholarship or the Educational Access Scheme.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- From low socio-economic status backgrounds (low SES)
- From non-English speaking backgrounds (NESB)
- People with disabilities
- From regional and remote areas
- Indigenous Australian students
- Experiencing educational barriers and/or personal hardship (including but not limited to carers, sole parents, refugees).
Shortlisted applicants are interviewed and selected based on the selection criteria below.
- Ranked in ATAR order;
- Motivation to pursue a career in technology using innovative thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Demonstrated initiative to seek opportunities to continually advance their professional and personal lives, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application;
- Commitment to become an active Westpac Scholars Alumni member and to make an influential contribution to raising the profile of technology in Australia, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
Scholarships will only be awarded to shortlisted applicants who personally attend an interview.
Need more information? Contact...
Applicants must be commencing in one of the following courses in 2018:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Diploma in IT Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computing Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) ICT Engineering, Bachelor of Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Data Engineering, Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Software Engineering, Diploma in Professional Engineering Practice