Vice-Chancellor's Merit Scholarship
Standard Duration of UTS Course
Vice-Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship was established to attract top achieving financially disadvantaged high school students to UTS undergraduate degrees.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Current school leaver; or gap year student who graduated in the previous year, where no tertiary study was undertaken in the gap year; and
- Have received an offer through UAC for a UTS undergraduate degree; and
- Intended full-time enrolment in a UTS undergraduate degree, which is their first undergraduate degree; and
- Academic excellence in the final year of high school (ATAR of 90.0 or above, excluding bonus points); and
- Have applied for and/or been assessed under the Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme via UAC, and therein demonstrated financial disadvantage (at the time of Scholarship selection).
- Demonstrated financial disadvantage (through the UAC Equity Scholarship or Educational Access Scheme application and/or assessment)
- Academic excellence at year 12 level, ranked in ATAR order, excluding bonus points.
- First UAC preference to a UTS undergraduate course at the time of selection will be highly regarded
- Candidates who have applied using the UTS online Elite School Leavers Scholarships Application form will be highly regarded.
- Motivation to succeed in the chosen degree program, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS
- Initiative in personal and professional life, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application or as determined by UTS
Need more information? Contact...
UTS Scholarships Office
Phone: +61 2 9514 2527
When applying through UAC for UTS Equity Scholarships, Family Tax Benefit will not be considered as demonstrative of financial hardship. Only applicants receiving a Centrelink means-tested income support payment, or demonstrating exceptional financial hardship with supporting evidence will be considered.
These scholarships are awarded automatically following the release of ATAR results in December, although you must be enrolling as a local student and have a University of Technology Sydney course preference on your UAC application to be eligible. The application form is optional and can be completed online at the Elite School Leaver Scholarship Application Form
By completing this application, you will be considered for all UTS Elite School Leaver scholarships, as listed here (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria):
- Vice Chancellor's Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Vice Chancellor's Merit Scholarship
- Business Dean's Scholarship
- Engineering and Information Technology Dean's Scholarship
- Science Dean's Scholarship
- UTS Science High Achiever's Scholarship
- Law Dean's Scholarship
- Health Dean's Scholarship