UTS VIED scholarship
Tuition fee, RTPS rate
The Vietnam International Education Development (VIED) under the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) and the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) are collaborating to provide high quality research education and training to qualified students from Vietnam to UTS. UTS will offer successful candidates a joint scholarship each year to students from Vietnam who have received the VIED Scholarship.
More information is available at the VIED website.
Who is eligible?
For essential eligibility criteria, please visit the VIED website.
To meet additional eligibility criteria for UTS, an applicant must:
- Have received the VIED scholarship from Vietnam;
- Have met UTS academic and English language requirements for admission;
- Be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Be commencing full-time enrolment in a HDR at UTS
- Not hold a research qualification regarded by the UTS to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctoral degree;
- Not have held an AusAID scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the scholarship; and
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- Not previously have received an IPRS or UTS IRS for a Research Doctoral degree.
- Be citizens of Vietnam
- Have received an unconditional offer of admission to the UTS PhD program
- Intend to pursue a PhD in one of the priority academic research identified by VIED and/or within the research strengths of UTS.
The final selection for the joint UTS-VIED Scholarship will be made by VIED and UTS on the basis of academic merit and research strength.