UTS Research Excellence Scholarship
Living Allowance - Up to 3 years at rate of $40,000 per annum
Funded by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, these scholarships are offered each year to highly-ranked, newly commencing doctoral students. The scholarships are valued at up to $40,000 per annum for a period of up to three years.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for an RES Stipend, a student must:
- be undertaking a Doctoral Research Degree (PhD) at the University in the year of the RES (Stipends are not available to applicants whose enrollment into a Doctoral Research Degree (PhD) has not been accepted by the University); and
- be enrolled as a full-time student, unless the University has approved a part-time Stipend for a domestic student under paragraph 5.2 of these Conditions; and
- not be receiving an equivalent award, stipend or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RES stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Academic merit of the applicant;
- Research and other relevant experience of the applicant;
- Publications record of the applicant; and
- Relevance of the proposed research to the University's research strengths.
How to apply
To be considered for a UTS Research Excellence Scholarship, please apply by the following application deadlines:
30 September 2019 for Autumn (January) 2020 intake
30 April 2020 for Spring (July) 2020 intake
There is no separate Application Form for RES scholarships for prospective students. Completing one online application will mean that you are considered for all associated scholarships (including RTPS and UTSD).
New Research Students:
If you wish to be considered for an UTS RES and all associated scholarships, tick the YES box in the SCHOLARSHIP/SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION section of the online application for admission. Please refer to How to Apply and UTS Research Excellence Scholarships in the Research Scholarships section of the UTS Research Degrees website for more information.
Applicants must submit their completed application by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete application will not be considered.